I'm not surprised when people say these are the best cookies they've ever had...I agree! Oats make them hearty and more delicious than traditional peanut butter cookies. —Stacia McLimore, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine oats and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Oat Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p114
Reviews for Peanut Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review