I'm not surprised when people say these are the best cookies they've ever had...I agree! Oats make them hearty and more delicious than traditional peanut butter cookies. —Stacia McLimore, Indianapolis, Indiana
Recommended: 30 Favorite Halloween Cookies
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine oats and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Oat Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p114
Reviews for Peanut Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review