Peanut Meringues Recipe
I live in the peanut capital of the world, and this is one of the recipes I get the most compliments on. The meringue is tender with a crisp outside and it holds a scoop of ice cream nicely. —Clara Giberson, Dothan, Alabama
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Ice cream of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in peanuts.
- 2. Drop eight mounds onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. To serve fill meringues with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Peanut Meringues
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC