I live in the peanut capital of the world, and this is one of the recipes I get the most compliments on. The meringue is tender with a crisp outside and it holds a scoop of ice cream nicely. —Clara Giberson, Dothan, Alabama
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Ice cream of your choice
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in peanuts.
- Drop eight mounds onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. To serve fill meringues with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Meringues in Country Extra September 2009, p51
Reviews for Peanut Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review