Searching for the perfect combination of salty and sweet sensations? Well, look no further! Salted peanuts and rich caramel topping join marshmallow creme and brown sugar in these irresistible chewy bars. You won't be able to stop at just one! -Claudia Ruiss Massapequa, New York
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1-3/4 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts, flour, oars, sugar, salt and baking soda; stir in the egg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon marshmallow creme over hot crust; carefully spread evenly. Drizzle with the caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Mallow Bars in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p31
Reviews for Peanut Mallow Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review