Peanut Mallow Bars
Big and little kids alike look forward to eating these snacks that have all the flavor of Payday candy bars. Not only do they beat the clock when time is tight, but they make great contributions to bake sales.
-Janice Huelsmann, Trenton, Illinois
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- PEANUT TOPPING:
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, butter and egg until
- blended (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2
- minutes longer or until marshmallows are melted. Place on a wire
- In a large saucepan, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and
- butter; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from
- the heat; stir in the cereal, peanuts and vanilla. Spread over