Peanut Mallow Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- PEANUT TOPPING:
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are melted. Place on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, peanuts and vanilla. Spread over marshmallows. Cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Mallow Bars(8)
Sort By :
These bars have a great unique taste. My family loved them and I loved the gooey marshmallow middle. I have to agree with one of the other reviews about the taste being a bit bland. Maybe I will make them with butterscotch chips next time for a more carmel-ly taste. They're interesting enough that I will try these again.
I liked the texture of this cookie, but my husband and I thought the taste was okay but not great. I've had other imitation Payday bars that had much more caramel flavor. These were just a bit bland.
This recipe could be great, but my first batch didn't turn out well. Don't bake the cake bottom too long. Mine ended up burning and I only had it in the oven for 20 min. Also don't use too many marshmallows, bars end up too gooey. Maybe add a little chocolate butter drizzle on top. Will make again, but more carefully next time
I too have been making this bar for years. I only make it when I can take it with me to share because it is too dangerous for me to have in the house. :-) And...each and every time, I am asked for there cipe.
Different but really good. Very interesting texture: crunchy and soft at the same time.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Rice Crispy Bars >
- Simple Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >