Peanut Lover's Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons honey-roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Chop 1 tablespoon of peanuts; set aside. Place the remaining peanuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. In a small bowl, combine the ground nuts, cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream and 1 cup peanut butter until blended. Spoon half into crust. Return remaining ice cream mixture to the freezer. Cover and freeze pie until almost firm, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with about two-thirds of the chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, resoften remaining ice cream mixture. Spread over peanut butter cups (pie will be very full). Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until almost firm. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and remaining chopped peanut butter cups. Cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour longer.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Combine caramel topping and remaining peanut butter; drizzle some over dessert plates. Top with a piece of pie; drizzle with remaining caramel mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 729 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Lover's Pie
"Very simple and delicious - the hardest part was being patient while it froze! I added more honey-roasted peanuts to both the crust and topping. I also poured the caramel-peanut butter topping over the pie as I added the peanuts and peanut butter cups instead of waiting until serving time."
"Excellent quick dessert especially if you are a chocolate or peanut butter lover"