Peanut Lover's Pie Recipe
In Poca, West Virginia, Lori Hunter adds peanut butter, honey toasted peanuts and peanut butter cups to this yummy chocolate ice cream pie. "It tastes like a specialty dessert from an ice cream shop," she says. TIP: "Since this pie is kept in the freezer, it can easily be made up ahead and frozen until shortly before needed," Lori notes. "It's an impressive dessert to serve to guests."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 6 tablespoons honey-roasted peanuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Chop 1 tablespoon of peanuts; set aside. Place the remaining peanuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. In a small bowl, combine the ground nuts, cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream and 1 cup peanut butter until blended. Spoon half into crust. Return remaining ice cream mixture to the freezer. Cover and freeze pie until almost firm, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with about two-thirds of the chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, resoften remaining ice cream mixture. Spread over peanut butter cups (pie will be very full). Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until almost firm. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and remaining chopped peanut butter cups. Cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour longer.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Combine caramel topping and remaining peanut butter; drizzle some over dessert plates. Top with a piece of pie; drizzle with remaining caramel mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 729 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC