- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- PEANUT CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, cracker crumbs and sugar; press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle peanuts over crust.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour. Spread over crust. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, warm peanut butter for 30 seconds in a microwave. Gradually fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Using foil, lift brownies out of pan; remove foil. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Lover's Brownies
Sort By :
"Very delicious dessert! This can be made ahead, but it's best to wait to sprinkle with peanut butter cups until just before serving, otherwise they turn darker."
"So good! I halved this recipe and put it into a 8 inch square pan and cut the brownies into 12 pieces. I did not use Cool Whip, that is just a bunch of chemicals. Instead I made a peanut butter icing using 1/2 cup melted peanut butter and 1 cup 10x sugar and some milk. The icing was kind of thick, I will definitely use less next time. I also drizzled some hot fudge topping on top."
"My teenaged daughter, who has done little baking, decided to bake these after I received the e-mailed recipe a couple of weeks ago. They were fabulous! This recipe will definitely go into the "keeper" box!"