Peanut Jelly Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in oats and peanuts (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with jelly. Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 186 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Jelly Bars
"My husband really enjoyed these bars. He loved the peanutty taste. I plan to make these again using strawberry jelly."