Peanut Jelly Bars Recipe
A layer of grape jelly between a peanut-oatmeal crust and topping gives these bars a taste of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! The recipe is from Sonja Blow of Reeds Spring, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in oats and peanuts (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with jelly. Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC