A layer of grape jelly between a peanut-oatmeal crust and topping gives these bars a taste of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! The recipe is from Sonja Blow of Reeds Spring, Missouri.
Recommended: 13 Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) grape jelly
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in oats and peanuts (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with jelly. Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Jelly Bars in Country Woman July/August 2001, p21
Reviews for Peanut Jelly Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2016
"My husband really enjoyed these bars. He loved the peanutty taste. I plan to make these again using strawberry jelly."