Peanut Ice Cream
Florence Vella of Linden, New Jersey has the scoop when it comes to dessert. With just a handful of ingredients and her ice cream maker, she churns out this creamy peanut butter concoction with a nutty crunch. You won't believe it's light.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's
- instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in
- your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 287 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.