Peanut Ice Cream Squares
"With its thick peanut and fudge topping, this ice cream cake is always a hit with our family," writes Kathy Pahl of Medicine Hat, Alberta. "It can be prepared well in advance and appeals to both children and adults."
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 48 wafers)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk, chocolate chips and 1/2
- cup butter to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with wafer crumbs. Press onto the
- bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cut ice cream into 1-1/2-in. slices;
- arrange over crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread cooled sauce over nuts. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until
- firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Editor's Note: Purchase a rectangular-shaped carton of ice cream for easiest cutting.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 441 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium,