Florence Vella of Linden, New Jersey has the scoop when it comes to dessert. With just a handful of ingredients and her ice cream maker, she churns out this creamy peanut butter concoction with a nutty crunch. You won't believe it's light.
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanut Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"So creamy and delicious, but I think I overindulged because it is labeled healthy."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2010
"I've been looking for a peanut butter ice cream recipe, this recipe is perfect!"