Florence Vella of Linden, New Jersey has the scoop when it comes to dessert. With just a handful of ingredients and her ice cream maker, she churns out this creamy peanut butter concoction with a nutty crunch. You won't believe it's light.
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanut Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"So creamy and delicious, but I think I overindulged because it is labeled healthy."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2010
"I've been looking for a peanut butter ice cream recipe, this recipe is perfect!"