Peanut Ginger Pasta
Tip Idea: To make this healthier and save 2 grams of fat per serving, use reduced-fat peanut butter.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until
- blended. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding
- broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Transfer linguine and broccoli to a large bowl. Add remaining
- ingredients. Drizzle with peanut butter mixture and toss to combine.
- Yield: 4 servings.