Peanut Ginger Pasta Recipe
To get that luscious taste of Thai cuisine, combine ginger, basil, lime and peanut butter in a linguine sauce. It's so good, we've never have leftovers. —Allil Binder, Spokane, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. Transfer linguine and broccoli to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Add peanut butter mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 365 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC