- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Transfer linguine and broccoli to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Add peanut butter mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Ginger Pasta
"This is a good recipe but the lime was out of balance with the rest of the sauce ingredients. I will certainly eat the leftovers but if I make it again I will scale back the lime. (I used fresh lime zest and bottled lime juice.)"
"Loved it! Fresh, fresh, fresh! I loved the crunchiness of the red pepper and green onion and the softness of the broccoli. The sauce was great! I would probably use less ginger and sesame oil next time but we all really enjoyed it. I made my own whole wheat fettuccini pasta for this and it turned out perfect! Thank you for the recipe!"
"After seeing the 1 star comment, I decided to make the sauce before messing with the veggies and pasta. I love a good Thai peanut sauce, and at first glance this looked good. I used fresh limes and lime zest. I didn't even have a full 1/4 cup of lime juice and it was way too sour. And, it wasn't very peanut buttery. Long story short, I ended up adding almost twice the amount of peanut butter, and a huge heaping tablespoon of honey. A couple of tablespoons of olive oil, too, for consistency. I wonder, though...I used an organic peanut butter that doesn't have a lot of added sugar and stuff. (Just now switching to organic.) So maybe that's what went wrong. It's a good starter recipe, though, so three stars. I actually started smearing it on crackers to taste test. Haven't had it on the pasta yet."
"Used cherry tomatoes instead of broccoli and added shrimp - yum! It really did make me forget that I was eating whole wheat pasta."
"Made this as a side dish with salmon. Used thai basil. Had the girls over for lunch and they went crazy over the Peanut Ginger Pasta !!!!!!"