Peanut Ginger Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the plum sauce, ginger, soy sauce and pepper flakes; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the red pepper, broccoli, carrots, onions and garlic until tender. Return beef to the pan. Whisk the plum sauce mixture; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in peanuts. Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 302 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.