- Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and
- baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk
- and coffee just until combined.
- Filled paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 325° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until
- fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Cut a
- small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a small
- tip. Add filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to
- fill each cupcake.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Place a heaping tablespoonful of ganache on top of each cupcake;
- spread toward the edges. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill for 20 minutes
- or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.