Peanut-Crusted Orange Roughy
Michelle Smith relies on this nutty treatment when she's having fish for dinner at her home in Skyesville, Maryland, Even kids are likely to go for the flavorful fillets crowned with a golden topping of roasted peanuts. Colorful corn salsa makes a zippy accompaniment.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- CORN SALSA:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Arrange fish fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Brush the top of each fillet with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for
- 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. meanwhile,
- combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Serve with the fish. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/3 cup salsa equals 261 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,