Michelle Smith relies on this nutty treatment when she's having fish for dinner at her home in Skyesville, Maryland, Even kids are likely to go for the flavorful fillets crowned with a golden topping of roasted peanuts. Colorful corn salsa makes a zippy accompaniment.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- CORN SALSA:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Arrange fish fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush the top of each fillet with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with peanuts and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Serve with the fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut-Crusted Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut-Crusted Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review