Peanut-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 2. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, peanuts, paprika and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Add chicken to crumb mixture, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Peanut-Crusted Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.