Peanut-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 2. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, peanuts, paprika and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Add chicken to crumb mixture, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Peanut-Crusted Chicken
"This was quite good, although the marinade was the best part. I had a hard time getting the breading to stick to the chicken and thought the peanuts didn't add much, so I would probably just use the marinade and then use an egg wash (whites or egg substitute) to stick the panko to the chicken and bake as directed. Was tasty but needed some modifications to really work."