With the flavors of ginger, honey and garlic, this aromatic chicken from our Test Kitchen is sure to please. Crunchy peanuts and panko make it a crispy favorite you'll rely on again and again.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, peanuts, paprika and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Add chicken to crumb mixture, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut-Crusted Chicken in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut-Crusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review