Peanut Crunch Cake Recipe
"Here's a recipe that dresses up a plain old box cake mix," says Sue Smith of Norwalk, Connecticut. "Peanut butter and chocolate chips add fun, yummy flavor to this yellow cake."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add the water, eggs and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Crunch Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC