Peanut Crunch Cake
"Here's a recipe that dresses up a plain old box cake mix," says Sue Smith of Norwalk, Connecticut. "Peanut butter and chocolate chips add fun, yummy flavor to this yellow cake."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on
- low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add the water, eggs and
- oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat
- on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut
- butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the peanuts,
- reserved crumb mixture and remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.