“I’ve been making these festive crescents for 30 years,“ says Kay Brantley of Shaver Lake, California. “They freeze well and look pretty served on Christmas dishes.“
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in
- peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. crescents. Place
- 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18
- minutes or until set (do not brown).
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire
- racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield:
- about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.