Peanut Crescents Recipe
“I’ve been making these festive crescents for 30 years,“ says Kay Brantley of Shaver Lake, California. “They freeze well and look pretty served on Christmas dishes.“
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- 3. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Crescents
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC