Peanut Crescents Recipe
“I’ve been making these festive crescents for 30 years,“ says Kay Brantley of Shaver Lake, California. “They freeze well and look pretty served on Christmas dishes.“
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- 3. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC