Peanut Crescents Recipe
“I’ve been making these festive crescents for 30 years,“ says Kay Brantley of Shaver Lake, California. “They freeze well and look pretty served on Christmas dishes.“
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Crescents in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p17
Reviews for Peanut Crescents(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >