- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread into crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Cream Pie
"Wow this pie was very tasty. The kids and I made this last night, but we changed it a little. We used 8-oz cream cheese, we made our own whipped cream, and we only had to use 2 tbsp sugar, 1 cup of heavy cream and a few drops of vanilla extract. We didn't use as much sugar, obviously. We used a little more than half of the peanut butter to keep the PB flavor. We added a little extra whipped cream on top before putting on the chocolate chips, and everyone was very happy how it turned out. All in all, we loved the recipe."
"Made this pie for my son in law. He enjoyed it, but I was hoping for something to knock his socks off. Will try another recipe next time."
"DELICIOUS!!! Mmmmmmmmm ,, i wish I could eat this all day and night long!! Only note to make is make sure you get two pie crusts, there is way to much filling for just one :)"
"3 and 3/4 cups of sugar is far too much. this pie was so sweet. i would make this again, but definetly cut the sugar in half."
"Very Yummy - but with 1 1/2 pkgs of cream cheese and 16 oz of whipped topping, I bet this recipe would fill 2 crusts. I'd bump up the peanut butter, too. But it's very similar to my recipe posted at http://grannysdelights.blogspot.com/2011/10/100th-post.html."
"Excellent taste, creamy texture. But 16 ounces of frozen whipped topping? I used only one 8 ounce container, and the filling mounded so high in the pie shell that the plastic cover wouldn't fit. Surely 16 ounces is an error. For anybody who likes peanut butter at all, this is a delicious treat!"
"I put Mrs Richards chocolate ice cream topping in jar on top then back to freezer. Most big rest. use this recipe!"
"This is a very simple recipe and delicious. Even my daughter who does not care for peanut butter loves this pie!"