Peanut Cookies Recipe
I use my grandmother's recipe to make these crisp peanutty cookies, which are a hearty between-meal snack...especially when you're traveling. They are my husband's all-time favorites.Wendy Masters, Grand Valley, Ontario
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in peanuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until browned and almost set (centers will be soft). Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p54
Reviews for Peanut Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review