Peanut Cookie Bars
I stir up a big batch of these easy bars on the stove top. These chewy no-bake goodies have big peanut taste. We're chocolate fans, so I sometimes add a bag of chips to make the bars an even bigger hit.Gaylene Anderson, Sandy, Utah
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine cornflakes and peanuts; set aside. In a
- large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugars; bring to a boil. Boil
- for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter.
- Pour over cornflake mixture; toss to coat. Press into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool slightly; cut into bars. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.