- 1 cup butter, divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter and two ounces of chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs and peanuts.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Melt the remaining butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Squares in Country October/November 2007, p51
Reviews for Peanut Chocolate Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2009
"I've used packaged (not tub style) light cream cheese in lots of reciptes and it works just fine. This recipe would be okay too.fastquilter"
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
"Would light cream cheese work in this recipe?"