I received this recipe from a friend at our local fire hall’s annual quilting bee, where ladies bring in treats to serve at break time. It was a big hit with our family.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup butter and two ounces of chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs and peanuts.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Melt the remaining butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Squares in Country October/November 2007, p51
Reviews for Peanut Chocolate Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review