- 20 OREO® cookies, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups), divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tub (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) JELL-O® Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped PLANTERS® Cocktail Peanuts
- LINE 9-inch square pan with plastic wrap, with ends of plastic extending over sides. Mix 1-1/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BEAT cream cheese spread, peanut butter and sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spread over crust. Top with 1/4 cup of the remaining cookie crumbs.
- BEAT pudding mix and milk in same bowl with mixer on low speed 2 min. Stir in remaining COOL WHIP; spoon over dessert. Top with remaining crumbs and nuts.
- FREEZE overnight. Remove dessert from freezer 20 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Use plastic wrap handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into squares. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut-Chocolate Mud Pie Squares
Sort By :
"Good stuff! My friends thought it was wonderful! Be sure to soften the cream cheese if you buy the 8oz package rather than the tub that the recipe calls for. And it needs to be taken out of the freezer way longer than 20 minutes. I left it out for about 45 minutes, and it was almost still too hard. Great flavor, though!"
"The entire family liked this alot. I used reduced calorie Oreos, Neufchatel cream cheese, Splenda, lite Cool Whip, sugar free pudding mix and 1% milk. I used an 8x11 dish and did not freeze or use plastic wrap. It set up well in the fridge and was fine to spoon out or cut into squares and lift out. Will make again."