- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter,
- confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and
- vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers twice. Top
- with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with
- remaining frosting. Gently press peanuts into sides of cake.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 863 calories, 45 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 106 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.