Peanut Chocolate Bars Recipe
Sue Thomas of Casa Grande, Arizona uses common pantry items to whip up these bars. Peanut butter combines with a cake mix for a tender crust. Then a rich layer of cream cheese is topped with chocolate chips and nuts before baking.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, 2/3 cup peanut butter and egg until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining peanut butter until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and sugar. Carefully spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Chocolate Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC