- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add the chicken; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broccoli; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I've made this recipe several times. The only difference I make is that I use sesame seed oil instead of canola oil. This gives it a more distinct oriental flavor.
Great for when you're tired of regular stir-fry, but need something quick to make. Kids loved it as is, husband and I added red pepper flakes to ours.
A new family favorite! But we all thought it would suit our tastes even better if we added a little heat...next time I'll add a little crushed red pepper.
My family LOVES this dish!!! The peanut sauce really adds a nice touch.
VERY yummy! You will want to double the recipe!