- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 green onions
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients Cover and blend until smooth, adding a few drops of water if mixture is too thick.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut chicken into 1-in.-wide strips; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Trim 3 in. of green off tops of each onion; cut remaining onion in half. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread one piece of onion on each skewer. Thread two to three strips of chicken on each skewer end with another piece of onion. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat, turning every 3-5 minutes, for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p95
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Satay
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review