Living in Alabama, where lots of peanuts are grown, I've learned to fix many different dishes using this locally raised crop. This is one of my family's favorites.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, oranges, celery and onion; stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Chicken Salad in Country Extra July 2002, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review