Peanut Chicken Pockets
“A friend gave me this delicious recipe years ago, and it’s a hit every time I serve it. The crunchy ingredients are as pleasing to the eye as to the palate.” —Esther Davis, Chelan, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Line pita halves
- with lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Spoon chicken mixture into
- pitas. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed pita halves equals 474 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a