Peanut Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Curry(5)
Sort By :
Very Yummy, I used half a can of petite tomatoes (small ) instead of plum tomatoes. also put in about 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach last to mix in . great dish over rice.
Even my teenagers liked this one! I added a red bell pepper & substituted a 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes.
I made this for my anniversary. It was delicious with pork instead of chicken. Will make again for sure
Easy to prepare, and simply delicious. As Lynn-deana suggested, I did add a few red pepper flakes, and used the canned diced tomatoes as suggested by Eilley. My husband loved it!! Even better, less than 400 calories per serving!!
I made this up tonight! It was a big hit. Added some red pepper flakes for some spice, and added some potatoes & peanuts for texture. YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >