“To make this flavor-packed chicken entree even quicker, use canned diced tomatoes and bottled minced garlic,” suggests Eilley Brandlin of Arcadia, California. “I serve it with jasmine rice.”
- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Chicken Curry in Country Woman December/January 2008, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review