- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Curry
Sort By :
"Very Yummy, I used half a can of petite tomatoes (small ) instead of plum tomatoes. also put in about 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach last to mix in . great dish over rice."
"Even my teenagers liked this one! I added a red bell pepper & substituted a 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes."
"I made this for my anniversary. It was delicious with pork instead of chicken. Will make again for sure"
"Easy to prepare, and simply delicious. As Lynn-deana suggested, I did add a few red pepper flakes, and used the canned diced tomatoes as suggested by Eilley. My husband loved it!! Even better, less than 400 calories per serving!!"
"I made this up tonight! It was a big hit. Added some red pepper flakes for some spice, and added some potatoes & peanuts for texture. YUM!"