- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Peanut Chicken Curry
"It sounded really good but it was completely tasteless. I tried to spice it up by adding red pepper flakes but I would never make it again."
"This recipe is wonderful...it's so easy to prepare and the flavor is outstanding! My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again."
"Very Yummy, I used half a can of petite tomatoes (small ) instead of plum tomatoes. also put in about 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach last to mix in . great dish over rice."
"Even my teenagers liked this one! I added a red bell pepper & substituted a 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes."
"I made this for my anniversary. It was delicious with pork instead of chicken. Will make again for sure"