Peanut Cereal Squares
"When I need to throw together something in a hurry, I turn to these no-bake squares," says Kathy Steffen. "And because the recipe doesn't include chocolate, you can pack them for long drives or vacations without worrying about melted-chocolate messes," she writes from her Fond du Lac, Wisconsin home.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cereal in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil; boil for 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until blended.
- Stir in peanuts and vanilla. Pour over cereal. Cool completely. Cut
- into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.