A sweet, crunchy, lighter alternative to traditional caramel corn, this can't-stop-eatin'-it treat won't stick to fingers or teeth! Wonderful for gifts, too. —Lois Ward, Puslinch, Ontario
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup,
- molasses, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pan and place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Peanut Caramel Corn in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p46
Reviews for Peanut Caramel Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review