Peanut Candy Popcorn Balls
Kids love these colorful novelties, concocted from popcorn, nuts, M&M's and marshmallows, so they make great stocking stuffers. Instead of balls, the salty-sweet recipe can be shaped into a cheery cake using a buttered angel food cake pan.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/2 cups red and green M&M's® Brand Chocolate Candies
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, pecans and M&M's; set
- aside. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and
- marshmallows; cook and stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture;
- mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, shape into popcorn balls. Let stand at
- room temperature until firm before wrapping in plastic wrap or
- stacking. Yield: about 20 popcorn balls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 popcorn ball equals 440 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.