Kids love these colorful novelties, concocted from popcorn, nuts, M&M's and marshmallows, so they make great stocking stuffers. Instead of balls, the salty-sweet recipe can be shaped into a cheery cake using a buttered angel food cake pan.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/2 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, pecans and M&M's; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows; cook and stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture; mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, shape into popcorn balls. Let stand at room temperature until firm before wrapping in plastic wrap or stacking. Yield: about 20 popcorn balls.
Originally published as Peanut Candy Popcorn Balls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p37
Reviews for Peanut Candy Popcorn Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"This tasted okay, the popcorn just turned out soggy so disappointed."
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"Someone brought these in to our office. So yummy! It looked like they were pressed into mini-bundt pans, but all you need is just a slice. They are a real sweet treat!"