Peanut Candy Logs Recipe
For a great holiday candy, try these delicious treats. They are so easy to make and the caramel and peanuts tastes wonderful together.—Marilee Braesch, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound caramels (about 75)
- 2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. With lightly greased hands, shape the mixture into 1-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. logs. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Place the caramels and remaining milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir; heat 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until mixture is melted and blended.
- 3. Remove four logs from the freezer at a time. Pierce with a meat fork and spoon caramel over all sides. Shake or scrape off excess caramel. Immediately roll in peanuts. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining logs. Reheat caramel in the microwave for 15 seconds as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 332 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Candy Logs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC