- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter chips, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Cook over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Spoon over marshmallows. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Cake Bars in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p54
Reviews for Peanut Cake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review