The librarian at my son's high school brought these bars in as a treat for here helpers one day. He enjoyed them so much he requested the recipe and has made them many times since. The whole family loves the blend of chocolate and peanuts.—Pam Clayton, Brownsboro, Texas
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine peanut butter chips, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Cook over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Spoon over marshmallows. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Cake Bars in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p54
Reviews for Peanut Cake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review