Peanut Buttercream Candy
My cousin sent me some of these delicious nutty buttercreams, and I've been making them ever since. It's a wonderful gift recipe since one batch yields seven dozen.
28 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually
- add confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed
- for 3-4 minutes. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and
- shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in melted chocolate; roll
- in peanuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate
- until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 348 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.