My cousin sent me some of these delicious nutty buttercreams, and I've been making them ever since. It's a wonderful gift recipe since one batch yields seven dozen.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in melted chocolate; roll in peanuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Buttercream Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanut Buttercream Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review