Peanut Butter Twists Recipe
Years ago, I received a bread machine for Christmas- along with a collection of recipes. These treats that have a peanut butter filling and icing soon became a favorite. People always ask for the recipe.
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 5 to 7 tablespoons warm water
- 1. In a bread machine, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- 3. Roll dough into a 24-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold rectangle in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into 24 pieces. Pinch seams to seal. Twist each piece three times.
- 4. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; pinch ends. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and enough water to reach desired consistency; drizzle over twists. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC