Peanut Butter Twists Recipe
Years ago, I received a bread machine for Christmas- along with a collection of recipes. These treats that have a peanut butter filling and icing soon became a favorite. People always ask for the recipe.
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 5 to 7 tablespoons warm water
- 1. In a bread machine, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- 3. Roll dough into a 24-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold rectangle in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into 24 pieces. Pinch seams to seal. Twist each piece three times.
- 4. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; pinch ends. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and enough water to reach desired consistency; drizzle over twists. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 199 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Twists
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"kids enjoyed it alot will def doo again ;P"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC