Years ago, I received a bread machine for Christmas- along with a collection of recipes. These treats that have a peanut butter filling and icing soon became a favorite. People always ask for the recipe.
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 5 to 7 tablespoons warm water
- In a bread machine, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- Roll dough into a 24-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold rectangle in half lengthwise; cut widthwise into 24 pieces. Pinch seams to seal. Twist each piece three times.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; pinch ends. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and enough water to reach desired consistency; drizzle over twists. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Twists in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p28
Reviews for Peanut Butter Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"kids enjoyed it alot will def doo again ;P"