Peanut Butter Turtle Candies Recipe
Every year at the holidays, these candy turtles are a huge hit with family, friends and coworkers. I get lots of requests for more and have even been told not to bother with a holiday visit if I don't bring my turtles—talk about a compliment! They're also good with dark chocolate and salted pecans. —Misty Schwotzer, Groveport, Ohio
- 72 pecan halves (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. On waxed paper-lined pans, arrange pecan halves in clusters of three.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into the center of each pecan cluster. Place teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture in the center of each cluster; press down slightly. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over tops. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 candy equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC