Every year at the holidays, these candy turtles are a huge hit with family, friends and coworkers. I get lots of requests for more and have even been told not to bother with a holiday visit if I don't bring my turtles—talk about a compliment! They're also good with dark chocolate and salted pecans. —Misty Schwotzer, Groveport, Ohio
- 72 pecan halves (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- On waxed paper-lined pans, arrange pecan halves in clusters of three.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into the center of each pecan cluster. Place teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture in the center of each cluster; press down slightly. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over tops. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Turtle Candies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p37
Reviews for Peanut Butter Turtle Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review