- 72 pecan halves (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- On waxed paper-lined pans, arrange pecan halves in clusters of three.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into the center of each pecan cluster. Place teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture in the center of each cluster; press down slightly. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over tops. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Turtle Candies
"Easy to make - just a little time consuming. Wouldn't change a thing in the recipe. Transported nicely, first treat on the tray to go. Must double or triple recipe!"
"These were a big hit with my co-workers. They were super simple and fairly quick to make. The most time-consuming thing was laying out all of the pecans just right. The peanut butter mixture was really tasty - even though I used a brand of peanut butter that I don't normally care for that I got on sale. I was afraid the pecans would break off easily when placed together in the container and transported to work, but they held up beautifully."
"They went over big at Christmas eve party1"
"Very, very good. mlujdu, this not just for kids. Use salted and possibly (God forbid spiced pecans) and the adults that you serve it to might consider you a genius, Salt, spice and sweet. What could be better?"
"I make something similar except I use pecan pieces and mix them with the peanut butter mixture."