Crunchy granola provides a surprising texture that brings raves when people sample these yummy peanut butter truffles.
- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a microwave, melt 3 oz. white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining coating; cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over truffles. Chill for 5-10 minutes or until set. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p39
Reviews for Peanut Butter Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review